How to Study the Bible Verse-by-Verse Worksheet
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
2 Timothy 3:16
What you need:
- Study Bible: You can download a FREE copy of the Faithlife Study Bible at www.faithlifebible.com.
- Multiple Bible Translations: If you do not own multiple translations of the Bible you can find them at www.biblegateway.com or through the free YouVersion smartphone app. Logos Bible software also provides a free smartphone app that includes not only Bibles, but other resources.
- Bible Dictionary and/or Encyclopedia
- Word Studies - For free resources visit www.biblestudytools.com.
Step One: Write a Personal Paraphrase
- Write it in your own words
- Stay true to the verse
- Condense instead of expanding
Study Reference - __________________________________________
Write it in your own words - _______________________________
Step Two: List Some Questions, Answers, and Observations
- List any questions you have relating to words, phrases, persons, topics and doctrines.
- Write down the answers you find using your study tools.
Questions - _______________________________________________
Answers - _________________________________________________
Step Three: Find Cross-References for Each Verse
- Cross-references can bring clarity and meaning to the verse you are studying.
- Try to look up at least two (where available) cross-references for each verse you are studying.
Cross References - __________________________________________
Step Four: Record Any Additional Insights You Get from Each Verse
- Now that you have thought through the words, phrases, and concepts in the verse, write down any additional insights such as further observations, words and names that you have looked up and defined, or any other thought that comes to mind.
Insights - __________________________________________________
Step Five: Personal Application
- Write out a personal application from what you have learned.
- Make sure it is personal, practical, provable, and probable.
Application - _______________________________________________
Suggested verses to start with:
1 Timothy 1:1-3, or any verses in - Philemon, 2 John, 3 John, Jude
VIDEO: How to Study the Bible Verse-by-Verse
DOWNLOAD: How to Study the Bible Verse-by-Verse Worksheet
Question: What is your favorite way to study God's Word in depth?
Leave a comment or tip below.
NOTE: To keep the comment private and post only on WMN, untick the post to Facebook box
when commenting on Facebook box.
We always appreciate you sharing WMN with your friends.
Heather Ablondi is a speaker and writer who desires that all women would know the true character of God, who they are in Christ and how to live out their faith with reckless abandon. Her first ministry is raising her three preemie princesses and being a wife to "the most interesting man in the world." To connect with Heather visit www.heatherablondi.com.
Would you like to be a featured expert?
Contact Us by email or, call our PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP hotline at (800) 859-7992.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE?
Find more when you join as Premium Member.
Enjoy 7 days of total access for only $1!